Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ELPC 1 - Educational Philosophy

I believe there are many ways to experience the wonder of the world; Mathematics provides a crucial perspective on how to understand and think about the world.

As a teacher, I want to demystify Mathematics and motivate students to understand why Mathematics is important. I want to assist students develop the numeracy skills necessary to participate in modern society.

As all students are different, when teaching I will use a range of techniques that engage and provide meaningful learning experiences. For example, collaboration is an effective approach that can be used to teach Mathematics at all levels.

Mathematics is one component of education. I see myself working in partnership with other teachers to provide a school that offers a range of formal subjects and extra curricular activities (ranging from sport to music to debating to drama) that allows students to develop into balanced, complete and inquiring individuals, set for a productive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment